It is a time of great stress and a landscape of virtual connection where are all finding our way.
RESOURCES FOR STRESS:
There are an unending supply of resources in this moment showing up in the virtual landscape across the world to nurture our senses - music, dance, plays, healing circles and community gathering spaces, free yoga classes and meditations. It is a beautiful bouquet of gifts in a very difficult time.
The following are a few of the things that have been giving me life and joy and grounding space:
1. DNICE and #ClubQuarantine. A multiple times weekly space for instagram live dj-ing by DJ DNICE based in Los Angeles. It has become a space of celebration and joy, grief and heaviness. It has been catharsis. Also, for folks like myself with chronic medical issues and a bit of an introverted trend my new favorite club is the kind I can go to from my bed while reading an e-book. You can find DNICE over on Instagram @DNice.
2. Haji Healing Salon's Virtual Wellness Resources. Haji is a BIPOC-centering wellness center based in Chicago, but in this virtual life available everywhere. Their teachers and practitioners are some of my favorite folks and I am so grateful for the care they continue to provide in cost-effective ways for an ever-widening community in this moment. Check out Haji here.
3. The Daily Show: Now known as "The Daily Social Distancing Show." They serve me up current events and context in a sardonic tea cup and I need to laughter of the moment and the lightness in to the heavy places more than ever. Check out the free episode views of the show here.
4. Irresistible Podcast: I always love the podcast offerings of Irresistible but I appreciate the intentionality of curation of content related to the needs of the moment right now. Check out their COVID-19 specific offerings including podcast episodes and their Care Circle, offered weekly for listeners to get together.
5. Levar Burton Reads: I don't know about you all but I have been hella nostalgic in these moments of social distancing and nothing defines my own literary nerdy childhood nostalgia like Levar Burton and Reading Rainbow. These days he is offering Twitter Livestreams Mondays (children), Wednesdays (young adults) and Fridays (adults) @LevarBurton of him reading from short stories. It is auditory magic. You can also listen to him over at his website here.
TRACC4Movements COVID-19 CARE:
I co-created a project called TRACC (trauma response and crisis care) 4 Movements prior to our current crisis moment intended to support the wellness in stress, crisis and burnout in marginalized and activist communities across the country. In this moment we have activated the project around the current crisis and have a wonderful team of Community Care Volunteers providing support for our local, national and global community.
See the access points for care and support in this moment:
1. 1:1 Virtual Support: 3 NO-COST listening and grounding virtual sessions with a care team volunteer for BIPOC/QTPOC, activists/organizers and first responders. To seek this support please fill out this form.
2. Interactive Webinars: You can view the first three on my website here. We have two upcoming interactive webinars on ROOTING INTO RITUAL and TENDER LOVING CARE which you can sign up for on Eventbrite. All offerings are FREE but feel free to donate towards the work of TRACC4Movements when registering.
3. Practice Groups: There will be a bi-monthly drop-in support group on SELF-COMPASSION beginning the week of April 27th. Email email@example.com for more information on the group or to sign up.
4. TRACC4Movements Resource Guide: This is a regularly updated resource filled with COVID-19 free and low-cost services and resources across the nation and the world. Check it out here and check back regularly for new information.
Follow @TRACC4Movements on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on new offerings.
Here is the first of my Interactive Webinars: Trauma & Grounding Amid a Pandemic
And as always, if useful, you can check out my own healing and spiritual care resources and support here.